Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 8: Already a week in the lab

Movement Laboratory: the place I go to every morning. Heiner wasn't at the lab today. He can work from his home and so on Fridays he usually doesn't come in. I processed the rest of the data for the 4marker model, which meant we are now done with the first step. Patric invited me to go to a "fair" in Zurich. It sounded like it was a conference on animation and engineering stuff. We left the lab at 11 and picked up some food for lunch in the train station. I got a mozzarella and tomato sub. We boarded the train and then Patric asked me if I got a ticket. When we were in the lab he told me it was free to go. All he had to do was print out a form for me. When he said this I thought he was talking about the train ride as well. Turns out he only meant it was free to get into the conference. We ran up to the ticket machine to purchase one. It was 100 franks to go there and back. I have a rail pass which would make it free, but I didn't really want to waste a day so I decided not to go with them. I took the next train back to Bumpliz Nord. This is what it looks like on the inside of their trains.
I got back to my room at 11:30 and ate lunch then took a much needed 3 hour nap. Not really feeling refreshed, but needing to get up and go for a run, I rolled out of bed. I ran on the trails in the forest to the north again. I made a prosciutto pizza I bought from Migros for dinner. I healthed it up a bit by adding zucchini and onions. For the night there was a big party at Fellergut (another studenthouse). The party had a theme...7 floors for the 7 deadly sins. With music and lots of new friends to talk to, I had a great time. At 3:30am I finally decided to head back to my room but as I walked out the door I was urged to stay for a "jam session" down in the basement. Some of the students play guitar and piano. They played songs like wonderwall by oasis and everyone sang along. It was one of those experiences that you know you will think back on and smile. I didn't get back to my room until 5:00am. Well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment