Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 11, 12, & 13: Work, friends, and a little bit of sleep

The last couple of days have been on the busy side. A lot of stuff happened blah blah...here is the BIG NEWS from the past couple of days:

Monday: Went to a farewell party for some friends. Had rice paper wraps for the first time. I ate a chili pepper and almost died. A little over dramatic, but definitely the hottest thing I have eaten. A friend from Denmark said she would buy me Swiss chocolate if I ate one. Totally worth it.

Tuesday:
My first friend here, Erica from America, flew back to D.C. Even though we just met, I'm going to miss her. Went for a 56min run on our lunch break at the Movement Lab with Heiner and another colleague. Purchased train ticket reservations for my trip to Rome and Venice (leaving tomorrow! Trip is from Thursday-Sunday). I went to another farewell party for some other friends including Krzys from Poland. He swam in the freezing Aar river with me and ate a scorching hot chili pepper too. I guess when we're together things get taken to the extreme.

Wednesday:
Ran over some railroad tracks to catch a train this morning and got yelled at by a Swiss lady who works at the station. Sorry lady. Won't do it again. Did a workout at Stadion Neufeld. The location of the 1954 European Championships. Roger Bannister won the 1500m with a time of 3:43.8. A tactical race.

Photo not credited to me. I bought a membership at the sports institute next to the track so my iphone was in my locker.

Heiner is letting me have the day off from the lab tomorrow and Friday for my trip. I leave from Bern at 1:30pm. I have a connection in Milan and will arrive in Rome at 8:00pm. A friend that I met here is going to meet me at the station with her friend. A Stamps Scholar who has been abroad in London is also flying over to join. Friday we'll be going to the Vatican for a tour. Saturday the Colosseum. Sunday morning I will be taking a train to Venice and arriving there at 10:30am. The train that takes me back to Bern is at 4:20pm so I will have some time to explore. Can't wait to taste authentic Italian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment