Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 6: Routine

My time at the Movement Lab is starting to become a true workday. I have to be there at 8:30am. I take the train from Bumpliz-Nord to Bern. It's less than a 10 minute ride. When I arrived today Heiner and I talked for awhile. We set up a very rough outline for the next 2 months. Basically he told me if I need to take off a Friday and/or a Monday for traveling I can. There's also a week in July where Heiner and Lorenz will be on vacation so I also have the option to go on vacation. Heiner got on google maps on his laptop and showed me some cool places I should go in Switzerland and Germany. He lives in Freiburg, Germany (only about an hour north of the Swiss border) so is more familiar with Germany than Switzerland. After our meeting, I started working with Patric on the stuff we started yesterday. The 3D kinematics system has a program called Vicon on the computer. We have to go onto the program and process all of the data from the trials we did yesterday and then export it to Math Lab so Patric can analyze it more thoroughly with calculations. We finalized the step by step procedure of how to process the data and then went on a coffee break. I love the coffee break. He taught me how to process the data on Vicon before lunch and then after lunch I began doing it all on my own. It was interesting at the beginning but is already becoming monotonous. With 5 different subjects, who each did 15 trials for a 5 marker model and 15 trials for a 4 marker there is a lot of data to process (150 trials worth). Luckily, I'm not the only one doing it. An intern is also helping. My day ended at 4:00pm. I think this will start to become routine.

I went for a run on the trails in the forest again. I haven't come close to running all of them yet. Saw a roe deer in the forest for the first time. A smaller deer that is common in Europe. View from my balcony on a clear day. Swiss Alps during sunset. Tops still covered in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment