Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 25 & 26: Back to reality

Quick recap of the last two days. Monday Heiner and Patric weren't at the lab. Slow day of work. Nothing spectacular happened. After work I went to the gym. Had a great run. Found out Rafa lost in the first round. Great news for Switzerland and Roger Federer. I got back to my room and realized I desperately needed to go grocery shopping. I tried to find the Aldi Suisse but couldn't find it until it was closed. Today was a lot more interesting.
Doing work at the lab. Heiner, Patric, and Ursina discussing the box plots Ursina and I made last week. Good stuff. I proofread Patric's proposal for the study last week and today we went over it together. It was a totally different experience editing a paper written by a none native English speaker. I enjoyed it. We ran test day 3. First time using the additional 2 cameras. All went according to plan. Lunch rolled around and with it being Tuesday, Patric and I went for a run (Heiner had a meeting). We ran along the Aare River, which will never get old to me. I went to the gym. When I was doing lifting session (wearing a Michigan t-shirt), a guy asked where I was from. We talked for awhile and turns out he did an exchange program when he was in high school to Minnesota. I made another attempt at finding the Aldi Suisse. Success this time. A little different than the Aldi in the US but pretty much the same. Solid last two days. One of my best friends that I have met here left Bern today. Nicolas (pronounced Ni-co-la) headed back to France. We might meet up in Denmark before I leave for the states. 

2 comments:

  1. You're certainly keeping busy, Trevor! It's great to read about all of your adventures. It sounds like the running environment is also great.

    Are you enjoying the work that you're doing in the lab? Has it met your expectations?

    Happy to read that you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the work we are doing. The lab has definitely exceeded my expectations. From taking lab courses at Michigan, I have an image in my head of how a lab is suppose to look and how it is suppose to function. Labs have always been kind of boring to me. Probably because I haven't taken one that really suits my interests or because I was only doing basic procedures. Here I find going into the lab to be much more exciting.

    ReplyDelete