Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 57, 58, 59: Last Weekend

Friday...

Worked with Heiner today. Patric left for a vacation. Heiner and I spent most of the day talking about ACL injuries, doping in sports, and other movement/sport science topics. We also talked about UofM and it turns out that Heiner has spoken with some people who do research at the School of Kinesiology. At 2:00pm a student and a doctor came into the lab to begin a study on how leg muscles react to a tibial shift. This is where the anterior cruciate ligament comes into play.

Saturday...

Headed to the Marzili for an afternoon of swimming in the Aare. It was 93 degrees out and had a real feel of 100. At 3:30 Joel met me with some of his friends. A Finnish and Swedish guy. We hung out at the park and whenever we felt the heat we walked a kilometer to a bridge.
This is the bridge I am always jumping from. It almost seems like it was built for jumping into the Aare.

Around 7:00pm I rode back to Tscharnergut to eat lunch and change. I met the guys back at a park in Old Bern around 8:30. I love the view.

I  made more friends with some people that the Finnish guy invited. They all worked at a horse stable. Two were riders that trained and showed the horses and two were groomers that took care of the horses. Really interesting people to talk to. We sat on the grass and enjoyed the night. As the night grew on, we went towards the city center to check out the bar scene. We ended up at the Reitschule, which is a....very....interesting place. Go to http://www.reithalle.ch/reitschule/info-en.html to learn more about the Reitschule.

Just a small fire in the middle of the road next to the Reitschule. Police and firefighters eventually put out the flames and returned Bern to its original state of complacency.

Back to the Switzerland everyone is use to. The capital building.


Sunday...

I have officially begun the packing process. I usually hate packing, but so far so good. Also, I have started cleaning my room. There is a long checklist I need to complete before I can check out. And the front desk has made it very clear in the form that if everything is not done a 50 frank per hour cleaning fee will be charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment