Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 46, 47, & 48: It's not work, it's a vacation!...ok it's kinda work

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...

Patric and I are working in the lab all by ourselves this week. Lorenz has been on vacation for awhile now and  Heiner is for the week. Here is a picture Heiner sent me via email from southern France.

Someone is ready to do some hardcore mountain biking. 

Even though our boss is gone, Patric and I have been working harder than ever. Monday morning we began with testing. In the afternoon, I processed data while Patric improved the MatLab syntax. Tuesday we had our lunch run. Met up with one of Patric's colleagues from Holland who works in a building close by. I have a friend from Holland that I met here and after meeting Patric's colleague I have concluded that all Holland guys sound the same when speaking English. If a Holland guy was talking in a crowd, without a doubt I could pick him out. The lunch run was sandwiched between a morning and afternoon full of data analysis. Not the most fun, but definitely something that will put me a step ahead in my academic life at Michigan. We used today (Wednesday) as another test day. Recorded sessions of level walking and going up and down stairs. I began processing data after lunch and have more to do tomorrow. Missing Ursina's help. We would always split the processing duties between the two of us. My life outside of work these past three days has been quiet. I have been staying at the lab a little bit later so when I get back to Tscharnergut it's nearly time for dinner. I take my time cooking. Wait an hour or two and then head out for a run. I found some new trails to the west that are nice. The temperature has been in the low to mid 80's but with the humidity it feels hotter.

Two weeks left.


No comments:

Post a Comment